Foreclosure Diversion

In many counties, if a homeowner receives a Compaint in Foreclosure they may apply for a diversion or mediation program. Each county has their own procedures which are administered by the Court of Common Pleas. If you have questions, the local Sheriff’s Department or the Court Administrator should be able to answer your questions.

Diversion Program is designed for owner occupied housing in Monroe and Pike Counties

Monroe County: Below the cover letter on the Complaint in Foreclosure is the application for the Diversion Program. The homeowner must sign the affidavit and submit it to the Prothonotary’s Office at the courthouse. The court will approve and assign a conciliation hearing date. The homeowner must present to the court and the lender a proposal for resolving the delinquency. Counseling is available to assist you or you may seek the support of an attorney. 

Pike County: The certification of homeownership and application for Diversion are included in the Complaint in Foreclosure. Filing it will result in a 60 day stay and a hearing with the judge to ascertain whether the parties are trying to work things out. Should the defendant not get cooperation from the plaintiff, the defendant must file to request additional court review.

In Carbon County the resident must petition the court for mediation to have a court supported dialogue with the lender.

If you have any questions please visit the 
Monroe County Courts website.

Website Builder